|San Diego, CA|
The General Manager of our cannabis-infused products production facility oversees the operation of the entire licensed facility, including its contractors, managers and agents. The General Manager is responsible for rolling up their sleeves and driving team performance in the areas of production, logistics, sales and all day-to-day operations of the facility, while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and ordinances.
Persons in this role are self-starters, strong leaders, critical thinkers, possess a strong sense of urgency and are driven to deliver high quality results.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
· 2 + years of experience in a culinary, food/beverage production, manufacturing or related field, required.
· 5 + years of managerial experience with oversight for a minimum of 50 employees.
· Must have intermediate experience with data-driven metrics and production reports.
· Superior analytical skills and understanding of all aspects of business.
· Advanced proficiency in windows-based inventory software’s.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office.
· Thorough understanding of state and local cannabis laws highly preferred.
· Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
· Knowledge of Cal/OSHA, cGMP, and FDA regulations
· Knowledge of California cannabis regulation, preferred
· Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
· Superior time-management and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to thrive in and drive a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
· Provides general oversight of all facility activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
· Responsible for overseeing all facility staff, schedules, production processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
· Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
· Works with the executive team to facilitate optimum production and sales performance.
· Assure timely attention and resolution to core business and facility issues.
· Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
· Assures 100 % legal compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding packaging, processing and inventory-tracking procedures.
· Drives the company’s values, mission, vision, and short/long-term goals.
· Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
· Responsible for overseeing the delegation of tasks to employees to maintain a highly productive, compliant and clean facility.
· Plans, coordinates and oversees the transition of product development by ensuring the proper tasks are executed and the environmental conditions support the production of superior product quality.
· In partnership with accounting team, oversees supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all production inputs and supplies.
· Audits record-keeping and implements measures as needed to ensure thorough documentation of all production activities.
· Plans and executes inventory control procedures for all production materials, supplies and finished product.
· Manages production supplies by assessing and calculating inventory needs based on product orders and projections.
· Oversight of inventory control and tracking procedures including results and patterns of loss, surplus and discrepancies.
· Oversight for approving, rejecting and releasing for sale all products produced in the production facility.
· In partnership with the accounting team, receives and accounts for payment of goods sold.
· Participates in quarterly quality control audits and meetings to discuss quality control audit findings and corrections.
· Assists with the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant state and local laws and regulations.
· In partnership with human resources and the executive team, recruits employees, negotiates offers, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
· In partnership with human resources, assures a work environment that supports quality employees and maintains a process for development, motivating, and evaluating employees.
· Recommends staffing and financing to the executive team.
· Regularly evaluates the performance of all facility employees to provide opportunities for improvement and professional growth.
· Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, city personnel and industry partners to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community.
· Assists in monitoring and evaluating the facilities relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
· Additional duties as needed.